How to live the life you were meant for and be free from fear

Do you feel like you are in a rut? Are you trapped in a life you never thought you’d be living?

You are not alone, in fact many of us feel this way and we don’t know how to dig ourselves out. We stay on the same trajectory and resign our thoughts to ‘this is just what life is’.

Author of the international bestselling book ‘Free from Fear: Understanding Fear’s Control Over Your Life and Why Loving it Will Set you Free’ Andrew Hackett says life does not have to be this way.

He says life is not designed nor intended to be boring, unfulfilled, unhappy or without abundance. He says we are all designed to succeed at everything we set our minds to and our problem is we have set our minds to mediocre.

Are you ready to take back control of your life and live to your full potential?

Andrew’s book is about empowering those who are feeling unhappy and dissatisfied with their lives to take charge and free themselves from the fear that’s been holding them back. He has developed a simple but incredibly effective three-step process that will help enable us to achieve our greatest potential and realise our best self.

Talk to Andrew in person at his Free from Fear workshop, available to enrol in now. For a course description and to find out more visit the Short Courses website.

We caught up with Andrew to gain an insight into his ideas and theories on how we can break away from living mediocre.

Q: What is the fear you are referring to in your book and workshop?

A: The fear I am referring to is not just about phobias or being afraid, it is the fear we associate with every negative experience we have in life, which in tow is the constructing of fear.

“Most of us worry about getting by, paying the bills, keeping our jobs. Most of us are anxious about whether we will fit in or if others will like us. Most of us are afraid of conflict or of speaking out.”

“Some of us are bitter, we resent others good looks or success, some of us cannot manage our anger or frustration about our life experiences so we bottle it up. Some of us spend our days, weeks or years filled with guilt or shame about something that happened in our past. These are all relating to fear, constructs of fear.”

“Over time these constructs develop our own personalised set of beliefs that can cause negative mind chatter in our heads which we start to believe is truth. This couldn’t be further from the real truth.”

“In my workshop I explain how prevalent fear is in us, our family and our friends and colleagues. I will show you that comfort in the conservative approach is a false comfort and in fact it is what is stopping you from discovering your life purpose and following it.”

“As we move through life we develop a range of beliefs and we should periodically update these beliefs as part of our personal development and growth from child to teenager to adult. Problems arise when we become complacent with our beliefs and we fail to keep reviewing and reengineering them as we grow older.”

“The rules we develop in our everyday experience are based on these beliefs and often they are what is impacting on our levels of happiness as we move from life experience to life experience. Working through these is important to understanding how we can change our lives for the better.

“I don’t believe we are dealt with bad luck or bad experiences, just opportunities to experience everything life has to offer. It’s up to us to determine our reactions and responses to these life experiences. I think sometimes the most traumatic experiences we come across in life are the greatest catalyst to our future success.”

Q: How to know when I am ready to free myself from living in fear?

A: I believe most people are ready and feel they deserve more from life. I believe most people feel they are here for a greater purpose than what their life has become. They feel held back from being able to find their purpose. They feel incapable of pursuing their dreams or goals. Some people cannot find love or happiness in their lives despite searching for it for some time.

“My workshop Free from Fear is to help those who feel trapped by their fear and searching for answers. I want to help them understand that they are not alone in their search and there are ways to enable them to find their purpose and achieve what they desire from their lives.”

“If you are someone that seeks more from life but you don’t know how to get started or how to get out of the rut you are in. Let me help you find your true purpose and open your eyes to the possibility of how amazing a life free from fear can be.”

“I am not saying I have all the answers but I can enable you to free yourself of the fears that hold you back from starting the search towards the answers you seek.”

“I cannot tell what your purpose is, or why you are here, that is only for you to decide. But I can show you that life has so much more to offer if you only just peek your head above the clouds of fear and dare for a minute to dream of what the possibilities can be. I promise that once the illusory veil of fear has been lifted, a life of possibility and abundance is waiting.”

Andrew Hackett is a bestselling author, facilitator and all-round stand-up family man. Andrew has spent the last 10 years of his career developing his three step process of freedom from fear through his own personal experiences, and helping friends and family release themselves from fear.

For more information about Andrew’s Free from Fear workshop, visit the Short Courses website.

To order a copy of Free from Fear: Understanding Fear’s Control Over Your Life and Why Loving it Will Set you Free visit Andrew’s website AndrewHackett.com.au.